Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Many Uses of Ivory

The Many Uses of Ivory SOAP!
Ivory Soap For Cleaning Makeup Brushes
-complimentary of Influenster Mom VoxBox June 2012


Disclaimer:  I got the Ivory Soap Bar from my Influenster Mom VoxBox ..a few days ago and just recently tried it out.  I was going to use it as a regular soap, but when I went to see how everyone else was using it, I saw that people were using it to clean their make up brushes.

I didn't really want to open it yet because I haven't finished my soap up in my bathroom.  But I didn't want to wait much longer though because you have to fill out a survey to qualify for a summer VoxBox.  I went ahead and got some make up brushes and just started brushing it against the bar soap.

AND OMG!

All of the makeup came OFF!!!  The first one I tried was my foundation brush, which has all that cream and liquid foundation on it.  Usually these are the hardest to clean because the liquid clings onto to the brush bristles and I have to use a little bit of olive oil or makeup remover to get everything off before rinsing it over and over with water.  As you can see in the photo, i just went back and forth on the bar and the make up came right off.  Unbelievable.  Maybe I'm late on this but this is a new discovery for me lol.  I'm so impressed at how clean my make up brushes were after just a few strokes.  I'll never have to dread cleaning my brushes again if it's this easy!

After I rinsed it with running water, I could feel the cleanliness by hearing a squeak sound when I touch the brush bristles.  It was a bit try, but I think I like it like that because I know it's 100% clean.  I'm in love.  I think I'll do a video on it in the future!

Thank you Influenster and Ivory!!
Click on the images to enlarge!


***

In addition to cleaning makeup brushes, you can also use this to wash and clean stains off of your clothes.  You can flake the soap using a butter knife and use it as laundry detergent.  It's so useful!  I haven't tried this out yet, but I will soon!  

...and of course, you can use this as your regular soap for your body :)  

VERDICT:  
-Good Value
-Thoroughly Cleanses 
-Multiple Usage
-SMELLS GREAT!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...